Thursday, December 4, 2008

End-of-the-year daily specials!

Note: This text is from a copy of an e-mail I sent out last night. If you would like to be on the e-mail list, please reply on this blog and I will add you to the list. Please forward the link to the blog to any friends/family who might be interested in the great end-of-the year deals I will be posting between now and 1-1-09.

Hi Everyone,Thanksgiving has passed and Christmas will be here in three short weeks! Time is really flying. We had a great open house last weekend and then I ended up missing work for two days with a nasty chest cold. I'm still battling it but feeling much better. I went back to work today and did pretty well but sure could have used a mid-day nap!I told Karl that I knew I really must not have been feeling well when I didn't even pick up a bead those two days.

Looking back, I'm not sure what I did with all that "free" time except sleep and think. Thinking is where this newsletter comes in...... read on.

Karl and I have been talking about the direction we want this business to head and I thought up all kinds of ideas while I was resting! Those of you who know me well are probably shaking your head --I love thinking up new ideas! So, here are a couple:

1. I am going to have some major first-come, first-serve sales between now and the end of the year in an effort to move some inventory so I can streamline the finished pieces I take to shows. I am never able to display it all. I am not going to fill your in-boxes with e-mail. I will post it on the blog. So, be sure to bookmark my blog and check it every day. Most days there will be only one item or set up for grabs. If something sells early in the day - I just might post something new on the same day or that evening. It will be a surprise. Check back often! You can send me an email if you want to purchase one of the items, or you can post right on the blog. Both methods will record the time of the request and I will honor the first. If you want something that someone has already spoken for on the blog, go ahead and post your interest just in case something falls through. I'll post on the blog when an item is sold.

NOTE: If you are not a registered Blogger, is very easy and secure to register and set up an account to blog. Just follow the links when you try to post a comment.

2. I am exploring the concept of girls' night out beading parties starting in early 2009. You could bring your girlfriends, sisters, daughters, mothers, (get the idea?) and come pick out your beads and design your own jewelry. I'd be available for assistance and instruction -- maybe even have some classes on different techniques. Have I told you yet that I LOVE the latest beads I've ordered. They are top quality and gorgeous. And, I have more on the way.

3. Wait, I said a couple. I think that is two. I'll stop there. I have to leave something for you to wonder about!

But, one more thing. We will be at the Holiday Open House at the Scout Hall in Minneapolis (in the park) on Saturday, December 6, from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Stop by if you get a chance.I'm not sure when I will post the first great deal-- probably sometime in the next 24 hours. Get your list out so you know who you have to shop for yet -- and be ready!

1 comment:

Koelling Family said...

Oh please do a girls night!!! Tara, Marla and I (along with some others) love trying new activities for our once a month girls night. I think that Rose and I would have fun with that too! Please keep me posted!!!