Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Magical Moments - Go Ahead and Write it Down!

"The act of writing down a dream is a magical moment." Carla wrote that statement in response to a post I had written about dreams. Those words have really been sticking in my mind. I was going to write about the power of journaling but dreams are taking over! (For today anyway!)

I have been trying to read my list of dreams daily. It helps keep what I value as important at the front of my mind.

This past weekend I went about business as usual but found myself doing things that I normally don't find the time for. Sunday evening as I read my list of dreams I counted 12 dreams that my activities had moved me forward on. I didn't set out to work on 12 dreams-but it happened. I think it happened because I have been putting positve words in my mind instead if negative. I have a really bad habit if grumbling about how busy I get. Just putting a positive spin on that busy-ness and realizing how my activities are moving me toward my dreams has been amazing.

Want an example? One of my dreams is to teach. I realized after doing Sunday School and Girl Scouts that it really is not teaching chilldren. Not on a regular basis anyway, once in a while is OK. I mentor/teach a weekly class for unmarried, pregnant couples and that is fulfilling . I've taught Bible studies and enjoyed that. But, what I really love is teaching adults something that will not only educate them but inspire them to be better than they are in some area and to encourage them to do the same for other people. I love to learn and then share what I have learned with other people.

A couple days ago a supervisor asked me to do a brief inservice for my work group of 12 women on The Dream Manager that I wrote about recently. Today she called from a seninar she was attending and said the business woman next to her was interested in having me present to her office staff about a topic I had done at work several months ago. Isnt that awesome?! I think so and J just had to tell someone !

Have you written your list of 100 dreams yet? If not now, when?

No comments: