Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Scrabble anyone?



A co-worker asked me if I could make her a Scrabble tile bracelet. I took on the challenge and here is what I created. There are 5 tiles and that is really all that will fit on this style of bracelet due to the width of the tiles (which are now beads because of the drilled holes). More could be put on a bracelet if they were charms instead of beads. Bracelets like this one (custom tiles and color choices) will sell for $15.


I also made a Scrabble tile necklace. This one has a vertical hole drilled through it. These necklaces will also be custom orders - choose the tile and the colors and the number of dangles. The cost is $5 for one tile and $1.25 for each side dangle. So, the one shown in the picture would cost $10. The cords are adjustable. I will also have different colored cords.
Wouldn't this be a fun back-to-school gift for your favorite girl?


I do wish there were tiles with numbers on them. How fun would it be to spell out phrases like the personalized license plate tags? You can do it with just letters but the options are a bit more limited - you have to get really creative!


If you are a beader and want to design your own jewlery but don't want to invest in the Dremel and the drill stand, I will sell drilled tiles to you (and direction holes you want). Just contact me.


I'm anxious to hear what you think about the Scrabble tile jewelry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the Scrabble tile jewelry! That is so fun, and I love to play that game!